Sunday, April 26, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

Before I took EDM 310, I was unaware of just how useful technology can be in a classroom. I knew of different types of technology and thought I had a good technology literacy foundation to build upon. However just a few weeks into this course I realized I had not even scratch the surface. While using technology in the classroom can have some issues, the positives greatly out weigh them. As a future teacher I want to use all the resources I can to be the best teacher because every students deserves the best teacher. Incorporating technology into how you teach a class opens up new opportunists for both students and the teacher. It allows students to gain knowledge and develop skills that they can use beyond school. It allows teachers to enrich their lessons, individualize lessons/projects for students to ensure everyone learns somethings, and make learning more exciting. Technology is something that is deeply in bedded into our world today, so not using it with students is irresponsible in my opinion. I believe every teacher should be technology literate and keep up with new upcoming technology. I plan on using Blogger, Google Doc, IMovie, Prezi, and Skype in my future classroom. I am sure I will expand that list as time goes on..

No comments:

Post a Comment