Sunday, April 19, 2015

Blog Post #13

Using Tumblr in the classroom

This is a picture of the Tumblr logo.

How could Tumblr be useful in your future classroom?

For this blog post you will create your own Tumblr and write a response to the driving question. Before you create your Tumblr page read and/or watch the following;

Complete the following: 


  • Create a Tumblr account of your own to use for school related things.
  • Follow the EDM 310 Tumblr page.
  • Follow at least five other Tumblr pages/blogs that will be useful for your future teaching career.
  • Share the links of the Tumblr pages/blogs you chose to follow.
  • Personalize your Tumblr page by adding a picture and a short bio of yourself.
  • Include a link to your Tumblr page

You are free to find other resources to help you answer the driving question just be sure to site them.

I could use Tumblr in my future classroom as an alternative blog. I could have my students create their own Tumblr pages where they can add their work. My students could follow other blogs according to their interest. Tumblr is a great resource because users can choose from seven different post when adding to their Tumblr page. The post options are text, photo, quote, link, chat, audio, and video. Tumblr also allows parents to see the work their child is doing. I believe students will enjoy using Tumblr because they get to be more creative with their post. I will make sure my students use Tumblr responsibly and safety. I believe if used correctly Tumblr can be a great technology tools for my future class room.

My Tumblr
The Tumblr blogs I chose to follow were Teaching feels like,Teaching literacy, Lesson in teachingTeachers world wide, and Tech ed Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment