Sunday, April 12, 2015

Summary of Comments for Teachers #3

Summary of Post #1

This is a picture of the logo for the Reading Summit for Educators. it reads the title of the even and "Believe in the power of independent reading."

In this blog post, 2015 Scholastic Reading Summits for Educators, the Library girl announced that she would be on of the speakers at this event. More specifically she is going to be a speaker at the Birmingham event. she provided some links in order for readers to find more information about the event and to register for the summit event.

Comment #1

Dear Library girl,
MY name is Paige Inman and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Every few weeks we are assigned a blog of an educator and asked to comment on their most recent post. I will be posting a summary of both your post and my comments no later than April 12th and I invite you to come check it out. I have heard of the Scholastic Reading Summit for Educators before however, I had not known much about it. After following some of the links you provided I now have a better understanding of what this event is about. What an exciting opportunity for you! I am only a few hours away from Birmingham and I would love to look into attending. I look forward to reading more of your post.
Sincerely,
Paige Inman

<a href="http://inmanpaigeedm310.blogspot.com">Paige Inman's Blog</a>

<a herf="http://edm310.blogspot.com">EDM310 Class Blog</a>


Summary of Post #2


In this blog post titled The Art of Listening  by The Library Girl (aka Jennifer), She told about an experience she had when she started at a new school. Jennifer arrived at her new school for a teacher work day and found out that she had not received an email sent by the principle explaining that she was responsible for creating a station that all faulty would come to to find out about updates and what the new year would hold. So she acted quickly and decided to ask the faculty "What would it take to make you see bringing students to the library as a good use of your instructional time?". The teachers and other faculty were provided with post-it notes to write their responses. She received some great feed back that she was able to categorize and use to make their school library more inviting. 


Comment #2

Jennifer,
Often times we are so caught up in our own ideas that we forget to listen to others. I am glad your experience ended on a positive note and turned out to be very beneficial to you. As a future teacher I intend on genuinely listening to not only my students but to my fellow colleagues ad well. I enjoy reading your post and I am looking forward to more.
Sincerely,
Paige Inman
<a herf="http://inmanpaigeedm310.blogspot.com/> Paige Inman's EDM310 blog </a>

No comments:

Post a Comment