Saturday, January 17, 2015

Practice Blog Post 1

Out line

I. Who am I?

    A. Name- Paige Inman
  1.          22 years old, married, have one child.
  2.          Where I'm from (baton rouge)
  3.           Attending South to stay close to family
    B. Passions
  1.         Being a mother
  2.         Helping people
II. Why do I want to be an educator?
   
   A. Love kids
  1.         Helping under privileged kids
  2.         Be a positive influence in kids lives
  3.         Be able to spend more time with my own child.
   B. What does an educator so in his or her practice?
  1.       Mentor kids
  2.       Help kids shape their futures.
  3.       Equip people with tools to succeed

Practice Post

       I am Paige Inman, I am 22 years old. I have been married for three and a half years and I am the mother of a incredible and feisty 16 month old little girl. I am originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana but I have lived in Baldwin county for 12 years. I am currently attending USA in order to stay close to both mine and my husband family. I have many passions in life but a few tend to define me more than others. First and probably my most important passion is being a mother. I absolutely adore being a mom and all the messes that go along with it. Since I became a mother I am more confident in myself, more compassionate for others, and have grown tremendously as a person. My passion for being a mom has deepened my second passion of helping other, especially children, with struggles my may go through. I get such a sense of accomplishment if I can help someone with a need they have, whether it be psychical or emotional I strive to provide.


      I want to be an educator for a number of reasons but I'll just touch on a few. First, I love kids. I love my kid, I love other peoples kids, just in general I love kids. The kids that tend to be closer to my heart and a major reason why I want to be a teacher are underprivileged kids. I have worked with orphans and children in extreme poverty both in the Untied States and in Honduras. I want to be a positive influence in children's lives so they can in turn help others. Also I want to be able to spend more time with my own children and to know what they are being taught. I believe the practice of being a teacher is important as is what teacher do in that practice. Teachers mentor kids not only in learning new material but in learning new skills need for their future. They help shape people's futures by the quality and the manner in which they teach, They also equip people with skills and tools they need to be successful in the future. I do not think teacher should just "spoon feed" their students but instead engage in a two way learning relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment