Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post #1

         
This picture is of a tired woman seated at a desk surrounded by stacks of books looking down at a book with her hands on her head
      I have heard many things about EDM 310, some encouraging and others terrifying. I have heard just do your work on time and you'll be fine. I've also heard "There's no hope", "It's the worst class I've ever taken" and "I'm glad it's you and not me"My fears of EDM 310 are that the rumors are true and I may not make it victoriously to the other side with the grade I want; or that I am going to put so much time and effort into this class that my other classes will suffer.

            So far EDM 310 is much different than many other college classes I've taken. EDM 310 seems to be a class that pushes students to really do their own work and take their education into their own hands. With the strict policies on dead lines, absences, and professionalism; it is unlike any other class I've encountered so far. Most of the other classes I've taken have been based on the "burp back" concept and rewarded who could remember the most for the test.I feel that the most difficult thing for me would be is to make sure I don't forget a project or become overwhelmed with all the different assignments. I plan to stay on top of all my work and not procrastinate. I know that if I plan out my time correctly then I should do fine. While EDM 310 is a bit intimidating I am looking forward to all it has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Paige Inman,

    I had not heard many rumors about EDM310 and after seeing your post I am happy that I didn't hear these comments. Now that I am in this class I fear the same as you do. I already feel overwhelmed by all of the deadlines, but once I am in a routine I believe the assignments will be easier to complete on time and to the standard Dr. Lomax and Dr. Strange is expecting from us. I have never taken a class like this before either and I love the fact that it is not a "burp back" class. I feel that we will learn more and retain more information since we will be pushing ourselves to learn and do our assignments by the dead lines.

    Sincerely,
    Tabatha Girdlestone

    ReplyDelete