Saturday, January 31, 2015

Blog Post #3

Peer Editing



This is a picture of Woody and Buzz from Disney's "Toy Story". Woody has a shocked look on his face while Buzz is saying "Red marks. Red marks everywhere"

      Peer editing is when you evaluate a classmates work looking for ways to improve,revise, or edit their writing.There are three important steps in the process of when peer editing. First is to give compliments, second is to make suggestions, and third is to correct. I believe the best way to approach peer editing is to consider how you would want someone to peer edit you, you would want then to be observant and honest, yet kind. If you only point out the mistakes in someones writing then that negatively affects their confidence in their writing abilities. Constructive feedback is received better when it is given in a sensitive way.

      When I peer edit my class mates blog post I will keep an open mind and remember that everyone has their own writing style. I will be positive and be quick to give compliments.. I will use the rubric that my group and myself come up with to ensure that I will evaluate each post by the same guidelines. I will be honest and to the point when it comes to suggestions and corrections because, it would not be fair if I just said "everything looks great". Peer editing is important because people can have a hard time proof reading their own work. It helps to have someone else look at their work from a different point of view and make suggestions and corrections to improve their work. It can be very beneficial for the student to get feedback from other students rather just the teacher because they see that everyone makes mistakes. Peer editing can also improve teamwork and communication skills in the class room so that students become more confident 

1 comment:

  1. Each blog post assignment is required to have working links to your sources, as outlined in Writing A Quality Blog Post. Please fix this.

    Also, please remember to proof read your posts before publishing!

    ReplyDelete