Sunday, March 1, 2015

C4K Summary for February

C4K #1 Josh- Nebraska


"Today, Senator Crawford came to are school it was so interesting and cool. Also she talked about a unicameral and a bicameral. Unicameral means on house, and a bicameral meas two houses. The unicameral is good because it is a lot quicker because it is taking less time to get approved. The bicameral is two houses so it would be a lot slower. We asked her questions like: does she work with the president? She said she has seen him once. I learned lots of cool things."

My comment,

"Josh,


It sounds like you had a fantastic time meeting Senator Crawford and learning some new government terms. I had forgotten about the difference between unicameral and bicameral so you refreshed my memory! There are so many cool things to learn about our Government. When I was in school I met my state senator and I took a picture with him. I still have that picture and I remember it was a great experience."

C4K#2 Emily


"My name is Emily and I live in Farmersburg, Iowa in the U.S. I am 14 years old and in 8th grade. I almost always eat pizza but I did not have any pizza for this picture, and considering my research America consumes the most pizza of any country
For Breakfast I eat Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios (110 calories) with Organic Valley whole milk (150 calories)
For Lunch I eat a white bread chicken salad sandwich (510 calories) and Doritos (240 calories)
For Dinner I eat green bean casserole (100 calories), an apple (116 calories), and boiled carrots (27 calories)
For Dessert I eat Sam’s Choice peanut butter chocolate ice cream (260 calories)
Overall I eat about 1,513 calories on an average day without snacks"

My comment

"Dear Emily,
I enjoyed reading your post and seeing that we eat some of the same things! I could eat green bean casserole and peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream all day and be content. I also enjoy eating pizza. A new pizza place just opened by my house, they use all organic ingredients which I thought was pretty neat. I didn't know that America consumes the most pizza, very interesting. I wonder if that is just counting deliveries or if it also includes frozen pizzas too.  If you could eat anything for a day, with no limitations, what would it be?"

C4K#3 Gaberille



So, some people don’t know that I am a middle child. I have an older brother Dylan, who is 20, and I have a younger sister Savannah, who is 7. Most people don’t know this because we all have different moms. Savannah lives with our dad and my stepmom, so I see her often. Even though I am not around her that much she is annoying, like most siblings, but I love her so much and I am happy that I can call her my baby sister. Well, she isn’t really a baby anymore.
My brother Dylan on the other hand, I don’t see as much. Over the summer, I kept texting him to come to one of my games, so I can see him. I did this because the last time I saw him was  in July 2012. I was having trouble getting a hold of him, so I kinda gave up. Next thing I know, in August 2014 at a basketball game, I look up at half time and see my brother sitting next to my grandmom watching my basketball game! I was so excited. Ever since then, I started talking to him more often and now we keep in touch!

MY comment

"Gaberille, 
It can be difficult when you lose touch with a sibling. I know from experience. I have a brother who is 21 that can be very hard to get a hold of too. I’m please to know your brother made it to your game and your contact has been on a more regular basis. I personally have 4 younger brothers. Well, two are my step brothers but they have been around long enough that I claim them too. Their ages are 21,17,15, and 14, so there tends to be quite a few confrontations. It was apparent to me that you love and care about your sister and I enjoyed feeling that through your words. 
Is basketball something you are passionate about? I played for a few years when I was much younger. However, I was never very good. I enjoyed your post, keep up the good work! 
-Paige Inman"

C4K #Desiree

For only being a Sophomore, I have learned a lot these past few years. High school is basically like middle school. The only difference is that there’s more students and depending on what high school you’re going to, It’s much bigger. This means you get to meet many new people. It could be a good thing or a bad thing. You have to choose your friends carefully, because rather you believe it or not your friends have an impact on you greatly. Making friends and having fun is great, but sometimes it can get in the way of your school work. In high school, it is much more stressful to get behind on homework than it was in middle school. Getting behind on your homework can sometimes cause people to fail in the long run. Even though going into high school your going to be a freshman, you have to start thinking of a plan for when you do graduate. My advice to you is to choose your friends wisely and make decisions that are going to help you succeed in school. Even if it means staying home when your friends ask you to hangout."

My Comment
Desiree,

I liked your insight and suggestions you gave to future high school students. I agree that your friends can greatly impact you as a person and your future. If you surround yourself with people who push you to succeed and they themselves strive for success then these friends would be a much better influence for you. Now that it has been five years since I graduated I am able look back and see the people who didn't try their best in high school are the same ones who have not gotten very far in life. Being diligent about turning in your work on time is crucial in college so is best to start in high school, or earlier. I think anyone in middle school who reads your post with be getting some great advice. High school is over in no time so enjoy it and make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment